About 647,000 Americans die from heart disease every year. That mean every 1 in 4 deaths is caused by the chronic condition.
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women.
The warning signs for heart disease include the following:
- Unhealthy diet
- Lack of exercise
- Excessive alcohol use
What can help prevent heart disease?
- Eat foods that are low in saturated fat, trans fat and sodium.
- Get at least 2.5 hours of moderate-intensity aerobic activity every week.
- Keep an eye on your cholesterol.
- Reduce your stress levels.
- Avoid smoking and excessive alcohol consumption.
Learn the warming signs of heart attacks, strokes and cardiac arrest:
- Chest discomfort
- Difficulty with speech
- Sudden loss of responsiveness
This is intended for information use only. Please consult a medical professional for medical advice. 2020 Zywave, Inc. All rights reserved.
The content herein is provided for general information purposes only, and does not constitute legal, tax, or other advice or opinions on any matters. This information has been taken from sources which we believe to be reliable, but there is no guarantee as to its accuracy.